Western Regional Sales Manager
This position is responsible for development and continual support of effective selling channels aimed at the profitable sale and growth of all BJM products in the assigned geographical region.
- Develop, present for approval and implement an annual regional sales plan that ensures attainment of BJM Pumps sales goals and objectives.
- Identify and prioritize regional initiatives to improve distribution performance or fill geographical or market gaps in coverage.
- Monitor and analyze reports of regional sales data and information to support improvement in distributor performance.
- Establish and maintain effective communication with key distributor sales people and leaders.
- Maintain records of distributor visits to support planning of appropriate frequency of visits.
- Initiate frequent phone contact to support sales growth
- Report monthly to the Sales Director on the status of the annual sales plan and any other significant information.
- Conduct an annual performance review with each contracted distributor.
- Collaborate and develop a distributor action plan aimed at maximizing sales growth.
- Set an annual sales goal based on distributor action plan.
- Identify and schedule any training or coaching requirements
- Support sales growth thru the ongoing training and coaching of key distributor sales people and principals.
- Attend and perform booth duty as required for selected regional and national trade shows and conferences.
- Identifies new product and market opportunities for BJM growth Identify potential new customers and identify BJM Pump competitors.
- Support sales and marketing of BJM products by documenting, including photography, of noteworthy application case studies.
- Support the marketing of products by capturing and timely reporting of competitive information.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the marketing department.
Relationships and Roles: (Internal and External Cooperation)
- Demonstrates ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees.
- Participates as an active member of the BJM Pumps management team.
- Sets a positive example in representing BJM Pumps in areas of personal character, commitment, organizational skills, and work habits.
- Exhibits professional attitude and conduct when representing BJM in all business and social functions
- BS degree in Business or Marketing.
- 5-7 years experience in technical product sales and territory management.
- Experience with software solutions including Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of centrifugal pump fundamentals, applications and pumping systems.
- Strong understanding of customer / market dynamics and industrial / commercial market requirements.
- Willingness to travel and participate in sales channel activities including trade shows and product presentation, training and product application support.
- Proven ability to provide day-to-day commercial decisions regarding pricing, distributor assignments, market health and competitor actions.
- Proven sales leadership and ability to obtain order input results.